Our partners: The power of support
We have had the good fortune to be partnered in our efforts by individuals and organisations who share our vision and enthusiasm. We could not have made the inroads we have without their support, which came in all forms: from monetary contributions to morale-elevating involvement; from donations of time to donations in kind.
We at Sikshana would like to appreciate the support rendered by Vibha, who have partnered with us since the year 2005. Vibha has been rendering support to Sikshana’s work physically and financially. Vibha is more than a partner to us. Some of their significant contributions include...
- First Leap: Vibha’s partnership helped Sikshana in reaching out to whole block/taluk for the first time. Sikshana nurtured all 120 higher primary schools in Kanakapura taluk largely due to financial support from Vibha.
- Support & outreach: With support from Vibha we expanded our operations to two other states, Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat. A crucial conference organised by Vibha which saw a congregation of several NGOs form across India, opened the door for potential Sikshana implementers and helped us foray into new regions.
- Marketing: Vibha’s group of volunteers called Foundations team set out to market Sikshana in bay area. Today our partnership with Yahoo Employee Foundation, Juniper Networks and many others can be attributed to Vibha’s efforts in mobilizing funds for us.
- Major program funder: Vibha is supporting and funding an entire program rather than a set of schools. This has enabled Sikshana in allocating resources based on needs. Considering the enormity of their role in Sikshana’s program, Vibha has been invited to be a part of Sikshana’s Board.
- Resourceful volunteers: The passionate volunteers of Vibha have added value to Sikshana’s interventions by contributing their ideas, thoughts and solutions, which helped during the process of Sikshana’s evolution.